BRAUNCH PARTY at Spice Monkey #Oakland
Braunch = brunch + launch of Indie Coffee Passport Oakland
Shift Local invites you to party in #Oakland with awesome, open-minded and forward-thinking neighbors in the Bay Area to benefit AFS DreamCatcher Runaway/Homeless Youth Services Division - a safe place for homeless at-risk youth - a program by Alameda Family Services
Let's celebrate the unity in community! We are all-inclusive, diverse and family-friendly :)
BRING CASH for special deals on our food/drink tickets!
10am Beulah's Bean Truck arrives
11am Braunch Party Begins
2pm Shift Local Program
3pm Party ends.....
Co-organized by High Spirits Event Planning
FREE KIDS ACTIVITIES
- Kids "coffee theme" crafts table by Sticky Art Lab (11am - 2pm)
- Kids facepainting (11:30am - 1:30pm)
- Learn how to solve the Speed Cube! by Mark A Montgomery
Delicious Indie FOOD
- Chickpea Chick - special menu for beer pairing $7
- Enssaro Ethiopian Restaurant - ethiopian hummus $3
- Caffe 817 - homemade yogurt and granola $3
- We The Minis Cupcakery $3
$3 Indie DRINKS
- SomaR Bar - Bloody Mary and Mango Mimosa
- Tap Takeover by Hermitage Brewing Company
- Dr Hops Kombucha Beer - The Velveteen Rabbit, a tropical, raspberry, ginger brunch explosion!
- Beulah's Bean Truck - Iced and drip #indiecoffee
- Numi Organic Tea self-serve station (FREE)
- The Quantum Realm: Philly the Photon by Mark A Montgomery
- It's A Group Effort / Pick Me Up by Emma Craig and Puja Tolton
FREE FUN ACTIVITIES
- I LOB Racing Simulator
- Soulful Pet Photography candid pet pictures by Pipi Ray Diamond
- Pick Me Up Speed Dating:
Pick Me Up is an illustrated dating empowerment book (published by It's a Group Effort) full of dorky, illustrated pick up lines. The book isnt out until November, so we thought in the meantime, it would be fun to bring the pick up lines to life with Pick Me Up Speed Dating!
Before the game starts: Cards need to be divided in two packs, one for the beginning, and one for the end of each pick up line. Shuffle each deck. Once everyone has a card, pass out any cards that are left (otherwise someone might end up without a match and feel bad). If someone has two cards, they can win if they match with one, and keep playing until all their cards are matched.
Heres how you play: Every person will get a card with half a pick up line on it. Someone else in the crowd has your other half. Talk to people to find out who has your matching card!
And how do you win? You find your other half first! The first couple to find each other wins! (Well the real goal is to get you to talk to people and make friends, so if you do that youre a winner too of course). As couples match up, they can step aside. The game ends once all pick up lines are matched up.
ONE MINUTE PITCH
- Judy Elkan of Mary Weather
- Chris Scott of Oak Life Church
- Leo E of TIGRA | GABAYAN
- Susana M MK of Oakland Grown
LAUNCHING Indie Coffee Passport Oakland! Be one of the first to explore Oakland's indie coffee scene! www.indiecoffeepassport.com/oakland
Learn about Shift Local's upcoming campaigns to raise awareness on human trafficking aka modern day slavery and 2nd PIC Oakland photo contest!
Thanks to our sponsors Kenny Truong, Fast Agent & Lake Merritt Dental
Spice Monkey (View)
1628 Webster St
Oakland, CA 94612
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|